MADISON, Wis. — Citing the age-old adage that actions speak louder than words, One Wisconsin Now is calling on Gov. Scott Walker to take concrete actions to heal the rift in Wisconsin brought on by his “divide and conquer” agenda.
One Wisconsin Now Deputy Director Mike Browne commented, “Time and again Gov. Walker has told us one thing and done another. If the Governor is serious about bringing back together the state he ripped apart, today would be a great day for him to take some concrete action to show he’s sincere.”
To help the Governor, One Wisconsin Now suggested 5 easy steps Gov. Walker could take to start bringing Wisconsin back together:
- Stop the “divide and conquer” attack on Wisconsin workers by publicly pledging to veto any new union busting legislation, including so-called “right to work”.
- Call on Senate Republican leadership to respect the results of the June 5th election and stop their delay tactics preventing Democrats from assuming the majority.
- Revoke Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen’s authority to continue to pursue his lawsuit to overturn insurance industry reforms like prohibiting companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and dropping coverage if people get sick and allowing children to stay on their parents insurance coverage until age 26.
- Direct the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission to stop using provisions of his union busting Act 10 to cut teacher base pay.
- Reveal the donors to the legal defense fund he created in March to pay the criminal defense lawyers he hired in 2011.
“The special interests have been enjoying a seven course feast with Walker’s divide and conquer agenda while the rest of us have been left the crumbs. It’s going to take more than a public relations picnic to undo the damage of Gov. Walker’s first 18 months in office,” concluded Browne.