the Milwaukee County Scandal Timeline
(2008 – 2012)
Scott Walker’s Close Aides & Associates
The “Smoking Gun” Email
Now Ask Yourself...
1. If Scott Walker was truly unaware of the alleged campaign activity occurring mere feet away from him in the County Executive’s Office, how did he know about the laptops?
2. Why was this email sent from his campaign account and not his county executive email account? Was it to try to hide his directive from public discovery under the state's sunshine law?
3. Why did Scott Walker email Tim Russell when he didn't work in his office any more, and didn't have any oversight of Walker's staff? Was it because Russell was still in charge of a secret, “shadow” email network in the County Executive’s office?
4. Shouldn't Scott Walker have been telling his deputy Kelly Rindfleisch or his chief of staff Tom Nardelli about alleged campaign activity instead?
5. Why was Scott Walker only concerned about another newspaper story? If he was truly concerned about his staff obeying the law and stopping alleged campaigning on county time, why didn’t he say so?
As County Executive, the buck stopped with Scott Walker.
The smoking gun email suggests Gov. Walker may have known that employees in his office were allegedly engaging in illegal campaign activity on county time.
And if he didn’t know, as the person in charge, shouldn’t he have?
We’ll be in touch soon. In the meantime, consider making a donation in support of our statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.