MADISON, Wis. — Illinois billionaire Richard Uihlein is garnering scrutiny for pouring big campaign cash into the effort to elect pedophile Roy Moore to the United States Senate. But Moore’s take is dwarfed by the millions Gov. Scott Walker has snagged from Uihlein for his own campaigns and political groups with which he is associated.
According to Wisconsin campaign finance records and media reports Uihlein has donated:
- $500,000 to the Republican Governors Association in 2016 while Walker was chair
- $2.5 million to Walker’s Unintimidated super PAC
- $200,000 to Walker’s 527 group, Our American Revival
- $195,000 to Walker’s gubernatorial campaigns
- $460,000 to the Walker-controlled Republican Party of Wisconsin
One Wisconsin Now Executive Director Scot Ross commented, “Richard Uihlein is underwriting a campaign to try to elect a pedophile to the United States Senate. Anyone associated with him and his campaign cash should be appalled and should immediately give the money back.”
In Uihlein’s home state of Illinois, Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner’s refusal to return his contributions is generating significant controversy, as reported by the local media: https://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20171128/NEWS02/171129903/uihleins-support-for-roy-moore-causes-headache-for-rauner?no_akid=1.