One Wisconsin Institute works with numerous partners across the state as a leading member of the Why Courts Matter Coalition in Wisconsin. Why Courts Matter focuses on ensuring the federal judiciary is representative of America’s diverse population and ending the judicial vacancy crisis. Our work on the issue is showcased at Why Courts Matter | Wisconsin.
The environment in the state provides the opportunity for Why Courts Matter to achieve success in Wisconsin by providing education and outreach to Wisconsinites about how the courts impact our lives; hold our public officials accountable for their action or inaction related to the judiciary; and advocate for a judiciary that is reflective of the diversity of the United States, where vacancies are promptly filled, and every Wisconsinite can expect to be treated equally under the law and access the justice system without delay.
- One Wisconsin Institute
- People for the American Way
- Common Cause Wisconsin Education Fund
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Planned Parenthood
- Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
- League of Conservation Voters Education
- Wisconsin Justice Initiative